AT UNION ARENA ------------------------------------------------------------------------ For
positions listed below:
applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and references
80 Amsden Way - Woodstock, VT - 05091
(802) 457-2500 x-11 Cell:
Fax: (802) 457-9128
We are seeking a motivated, energetic, organized and detail-oriented
team player who enjoys working with people in a fun and fast-paced business.
Primary work will include jobs usually associated with an Administrative
Assistant and Bookkeeper. For the right candidate, there is significant
room to grow in the position and to assume greatly increased responsibilities,
including marketing (specifically with social media), PR, sales business
development, and increasing existing and also developing new programming.
Qualified applicant must be able to work with a variety of people in
serving as one of the faces of and spokesperson for the Arena, have
an energetic and positive attitude, be detail-oriented and have very
strong computer skills. Knowledge of QuickBooks Pro is a plus, but very
willing to teach for the right candidate.
Position is FT year-round.
Hours of work are generally traditional business hours but with with
some night and weekend work as needed based on schedule of events.
Interviews may start immediately, and start date for the position is
on or around August 26.
- Serve as a 'face' of the Arena and as one of the primary voices to
the public who calls and visits the Arena
- Accounting/bookkeeping and operating Quickbooks Pro
- Public outreach building increased attendance at Arena-operated programming
- Helping to building a social media outreach program
- Helping to manage the Customer Service staff
- Helping to manage registrations and operations for Arena-operated
- Support Board initiatives, including fundraising outreach and events
Other tasks may include:
- Assisting with sales
- Writing and/or managing successful grant applications
- PR and marketing and assisting with writing press releases
- Re-building the website
- Increasing corporate support and sponsorships
- Recruiting new user-groups
- Work with volunteers
- Operating and/or managing new events, tournaments, and programs
The Admin Assistant will work closely with the current GM to divide
and determine areas of responsibility based on the strengths of the
- Must have strong computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quickbooks Pro and Frontline RMS a
- Background in business and/or finance
- Be able to serve as a "face" of the Arena
- Be professional, welcoming and informed on all Arena activities
- Able to take the lead on projects and events and work independently
- Be a team player and able to work with a variety of clients
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Experience with ice rinks, rink/arena programming, operating/managing
events, and/or working with the public in any setting is a plus
This is a full-time position and starting salary is $28,500 - $34,500,
depending on experience, with the ability to increase based on results.
may start immediately with start date on or around August 26.
Send letter of interest, resume and references to Dan French, Union
80 Amsden Way – Woodstock, VT – 05091 or email to Jobs@UnionArena.org
For additional information call (802) 457-2500 x-11 or cell (603) 381-5428
SERVICE and SKATE GUARDS
The Arena seeks hard working and friendly applicants to work in the
Concessions and Pro Shop. Also hiring Skate Guards for Public Skating.
The Arena is looking for one new person to join the Operations Team
for the winter ice season. Responsibilites include Zamboni Operator,
monitoring equipment, general cleaning and supervising the Arena when
GM and Facilites Manager are not in the Arena.
Ops Team members assist with general maintenance and support and are
not required to operate the Zamboni.
Applicant must have a valid driver's license, be comfortable with a
variety of equipment, be a team player, and able to work with a diverse
group of people and have strong interpersonal skills. Hours may vary
each week, and nights and weekends will be required.
for ADULT LEAGUES and TOURNAMENTS Substitute scorekeepers are needed for Adult League games
during the week, and also for major tournaments in March.